Thursday 21 August 2014

Narada, the Fight and All is Well

In puranic times there was a character called Narada Muni. He was the most traveled sage and used to be both wise and mischievous.  There are a number of parables about him which used to be bed time stories for children. He would kindle the ego of Gods and create a fight between them  (mostly Vishnu and Shiva). In the end it will turn out to become a moral story.

Likewise there was a domestic fight between me and my spouse. It was so intense for 2 days, she was accusing me of dumping too much of resources on to the farm project. She ordered for immediate reconciliation of accounts and stoppage of farming. It was 12 past mid night. I had to fight back, lest a loose end here and there could spoil my entire project for eternity.  

The next day luckily, i could prove things right, took time and explained the moral behind each of the expense incurred.  Investing in Farming is not for immediate livelihood. But it is definitely for a better future. 

As used to be done in corporate houses, the one who creates allegations against any project would be given the whole responsibility of that project itself, i passed on the baton to her to run the show.  She did indeed took charge,  called Subbu, took stock of the things, started creating some assignments. The changes would include firing two female workers for the time being because of their  performance also because there is no need to carry water manually across,   and start planting some marketable crops and so on...

In the bargain some of my plans remains altered, but that is justified. I can catch up.  Poor Subbu was fully motivated and given target to create Value out of the farm.  (Subbu thus has a direct reporting and a dotted reporting). As for me it is good that someone also take responsibility and farming will not be a lonely activity.  And I can continue my pursuit of dreaming green.

All is well at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment