Sunday 15 March 2015

Horray there is rain !

I was almost losing hope, how we will pass through this summar when already we were experiencing intense heat.  There was no water.  No wind.  Bright White Light.

Stop. Something was telling me.   Either my scientific brain, or plain common sense or experience.  I used to tell Subbu, when there is too much of heat, the air has to expand become lighter and vacate.  Therefore it should create low pressure. To fill this, cold air has to come from other directions, may be along with it rains.

I used to watch http://www.accuweather.com/en/in/tirunelveli/190785/march-weather/190785 for current weather. It used to say always hot sun. But towards week end (last week), there was a prediction of oncoming rains and thunder showers.  It came true !
Picture Shows Tirunelveli (adj to my farm) has sudden drop in temperature with rains

I tried to reach Subbu in vain. He was not picking the phone for 2 days.  Last I spoke to him was when he was pumping water from neighboring tank.  Later I learned that water has entered into his phone screen. The touch screen was not working. He had a good old Nokia. When did he move to smart phone?  He said he had purchased a Chinese touch screen for around Rs. 2000/-.   He could helplessly see the call coming... but...phone was not responding. I told him to "dry" the phone for two days.

What happened was there was heavy rains from Friday.  He went to save grains that were ready for harvesting. His entire family was working amidst thunder showers.  He said that the mission was successful and grains were saved.   They will be dried in the driers in the modern rice mill.

We are relieved. Subbu says there is enough and enough water.  thank God.
I can plan now my vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment