Wednesday 13 May 2015

My Farm visit experience - May, 2015 - Part 1

There are many things that you need to do in parallel when you visit your farm occassionally. I had very little time to spend for myself.
Assorted things for the farm

a) What you envisage to do will never be done.  For example I carried a seed box. That was a collection of different seeds that i collected from road side trees.  It was so irrelevant in front of other issues in the farm that the seed box came back promptly with me.  I did not want to smear the seeds without due attention and focus.

The pully system to be installed
b) Immediate things catch your attention. And each one require long time. Therefore you end up doing things in hurry.  Some of the things that can be done quickly is a) Farm inspection and feedback  b) Motivation, distribution of gifts like T-shirt  c) A bonus if you wish.

c) I paid attention to equip them with more tools. I took Subbu to nearby town exclusively to explore the hadware stores and brought an assorted varity of things for Rs. 4000/- that I felt are needed for the farm.
That includes;
1) Two weed cutters (garden hoe)
2) Three hand forks (one for my mother)
3) A Taparia Screw Driver and a Star one.  Subbu alreay has a Ellenkey set
Excess Rope is secured.  The rope is
knotted at equal spaces for hand grip
4) A heavy duty saw
5) Hack-Saw blade frame
6) A good Wringe
7) 4 Nos of S-Hooks
8) A pully
9) Wire cutter
10) GI Wire of two thickness
11) A plumb line
12) A Hammer
13) Heavy duty cotton Rope

The Pully is in place
d) Climbed the windmill mast and secured the Pully and Rope with help of Kandan and Subbu. This arrangement now can be used to easily lift the Pipe assembly whenever there is repair.

e) Enquired about the pipe rates in hardware shops. Decided to replace the current 1.25 inch pipe with 1.75 inch pipes to get more water (hopefully). This will also allow more headroom for the central rod to push and pull

*********

No comments:

Post a Comment