Tuesday 30 June 2015

Concentrated Solar Power (CSP), our next destination

These days I am in touch with Facebook and WhatsUP.  I meet many so called farmers who post good things of life. But none of them are practical in their advise when it comes to actual farming.  Most of them are having some other source of income and indulge in all extra activities other than farming. So there is nothing to learn from anyone as of now.

I have dedicated myself to next project - SOLAR THERMAL POWER  (or CSP as it is called Concentrated Solar Power).  I have started few posts in Facebook two weeks back and did not update the same. My next experiments are as follows;

a) Purchase a TV dish and create a solar basket to make a focal point.

b) Create parabolic reflector using sheet and create line of focus. Further experiments to heat tube filled with liquid.

c) A design prototype of how a large parabolic solar concentrator in cylinderical shape to be made to be sent across.

Subbu and Paramu are waiting for my education video which I promised on this subject. I need to educate them on how the whole thing would work.  The idea is that next irrigation should happen through CSP energy. Currently we have reached a zero-sum-game using one windpump. This gives 3000 liters of water and is just enough for current vegetation. I am unable to expand the farm.  We have done all things possible now like replacing 1.25" dia pipe with 1.75",  smoothening the windpump through design improvements, grease,  conservation of water through drip irrigation etc.  But there is definitely a quantity of water required for banana crops which cannot be drawn with current setup.

Then using some of the facebook friends to sponsor, should start fabricating the same.

Have already spoken to Rajkot factory for say 2 HP Steam engine.  That is ready.

I see great potential in this project which is clean, green and no mess.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment