Friday 3 October 2014

Farm Manual in Sheets for Ready Reference

Subbu said he has put a garland to the WindPump Tower as part of Ayudha Pooja (Durga Puja). The navadanya seeds that was kept soaking have sprouted and has been sprinkled on the field. But there is no rain yet. Cloudy though.

Back home, I wanted to spend the Durga Holiday usefully working for the farm from remote Pune. There are 4 days holidays. Did not go out as there are exams running for children.  Having technology at hand, I did what I wanted to do always.

Typed all the procedures in Tamil for Subbu to understand, take printout, laminate (Paper lamination) and send it so that he can stick on the walls for ready reference.   Instructions for preparing Panjagavya, Jeevamrutham, Rama Banam, Neem Astharam etc etc...  The material I gathered from Pasumai Vikatan, Pasumai Oli (044 66802917) an IVRS and my farm notes that I maintain.

Total cost is my time (3 hours), inkjet printing cost for printing 4 pages on A4 executive bond paper and lamination @ RS. 20/- per page. I will courier the laminated sheets through speed post. Subbu is in a village and courier will not reach. But postal system will deliver. That will cost Rs. 40/-.

Learning: I guess this is working well. In coming days, I need to create policy documents like this and send across.




The PDF version is uploaded (Click here) so that anyone can download, print and benefit out of it. Just that it is only in Tamil. This is in Google Drive and you may require google login.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment