Friday 20 February 2015

The Week Ahead on 20th Feb, 2015

We can't keep celebrating success or failure for long.  Should keep moving ON.

I need to create more engagement and bring energy after a small failure. few days back Subbu had harvested sweet potato and it was a disappointment.

Not really.  Perhaps.

1.  First asked Subbu to cover the plot of land with palm leaves which he promptly did. The lesson No. 1 in natural farming is that you keep the soil covered from hot sun. We did.  Sun is very hot now.

2. Decided to go for Brinjal. I have ordered Brinjal seeds from a friend Paramez. Out of the following varities, myself and subbu have selected the once in bold. These are appealing to the native people here.  All are native varities.  The white brinjal is costly.  Once the seeds are obtained, we need to grow them in polythene bags in the new shadenet.
  1. பச்சை கத்திரி
  2. வரி கத்திரி
  3. திண்டுக்கல் ஊதா கத்தரி
  4. மணப்பாறை கத்தரி
  5. வெள்ளை கத்தரி
  6. கும்கோணம் குண்டு கத்திரி
  7. பவானி கத்திரி
3. After chasing Vettiver Vincent for long time, I thanked and said good bye to him. He is unable to send vettiver for me.  Amids his busy schedule he is unable to visit his own farm which is hardly 50 Kms from his work for months togather.

4. I found a new source Mr. Senthil Vel, near Erode. He promptly responded my requested.  At Rs. 3.5/- per root, I am purchasing 500 Nos today.  It will reach near my farm by tomorrow through KPN travels.  Good going so far..... I asked Subbu to keep in shade net for few days and then plant around the rain water catchment pond.  He was doubting if we should actually go for it now.  But I am going to force my way. Enough of waiting. I cannot wait till next rainy season.  Vettiver I heared can withstand draught. Only in the beginning we have to take more care.

5. Need to purchase polybags for nursary. I am searching internet for suppliers. Hopefully I will place order for 500 small and 500 medium size black polythene bags.  This will be my first professional setup towards growing own saplings from seeds.  hereafter for want of water, I need to use more of shade.

6.  Two fishes have been lost yesterday.  Subbu told they had left two large and two small fish on the large cement tank which has just 1 feet of water.  Till 6 PM everything was ok. Once they retired, some large bird (eagle) was seen scooping the fish from the tank. There is no resting place there. It should have descended and ascended in flight.  While Subbu was sounding disappointed and angry, i asked him to take photos next time for me.
  
*****




No comments:

Post a Comment