Friday 11 September 2015

A bold step to increase Water Output

My depiction of the new pump
inside the borewell
It is clear, that if I need to increase my cultivation I need more water.  One way is the maximise the productivity of the existing pump.   Earlier I attempted to replace the 1.25" pipe with 2" pipe and failed.

This time we are making a bold decision.   With friendly engineers from ABS, we have decided we will do the following;;

New Pump scheduled to reach farm.
The first one is a filter and the other
is the pump
1.  Replace the existing pump which has 200 mm depth with another one which has 350 mm travel depth.  This will also increase the bore from 62mm to 82mm.

My estimate is as is it will give 30% more water.

2. Once this stabilises, now we need to increase  the vertical  movement of   rod assembly at the windmill by replacing a crank shaft.  That will utilise the 350 mm depth of the pump to a large extent. Currently the verticle movement is only 100mm.  We need to make it atleast 200 or 250 mm.  That will give 4 times more water than what I am getting.

ABS is ready to do both the changes.  But they are doubting if due to increased load, the rod assembly will bend.  I am confident it will not.

decided to take a risk. After all what is life without risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment