Saturday 5 September 2015

Some Progress in Experiments on Concentrated Solar Energy

I have achieved some significant maturity in my Balcony experiments on Concentrated Solar Energy.

The story :   As already explained, I am in dire need of some energy source for the farm.  Wind has limitations. Beyond that we have plenty of sun shine. Why don't we use it ?  The solar cell is in the hands of business mafia and is unaffordable.  It costs over 6 lacs per 5 KV which is too much for a fragile piece of thing that may work hardly for 3 years.  (Though they promise life untill eternity, i have serious doubts about service and support on cheap Chinese panels and corrupt dealers).

Well I have decided i will pursue CSP.  this is a failure in many places. I wonder why.  On a closer look I find businessmen have discarded it because they cannot make money. Or they have wantedly made it so much costly that even Governments cannot afford to setup. That is why it is failure.

It is our endevour to bring this cheap source to common man somehow.  Small experiments have began.

Today I achieved 300+ temperature using the dish.  That is the limit my thermometer can show.  Inside the tiffen Box Target, the salt was having temperature of 180Dec C.  Very good enough to do some useful work. Even with half the mirrors i could still get 133 deg C in the morning Sun. What else you want ?

My balcony experiments are aimed at choosing the right method to concentrate solar energy. I will continue till i get confidence to invest in large setup.

Detailed progress on Solar experiments are being posted in my facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634868576725613/










No comments:

Post a Comment