Saturday 17 October 2015

Farm update 17-October-2015 - Innovation at Farm

I guess Paramu's device
must look like this. This should amplify
the strokes
Innovation at the Farm :  More Water 
The water harvest using Wind pump is more than satisfactory.  With slight wind, there is more water that is getting pumped. The new foot valve or increased pipe diameter or a combination of all has done wonders.

Not stopping at this, we want to further experiment more.  This time, Subbu and Paramu has gone  ahead with some design which they say will work.  We discussed this during our visit to the farm. We were on a bus to Palaymkottai when I sketched the Figure 1 to explain my mind.  Now Subbu and Paramu claims to have distilled a thought and has visted a workshop in Valliyoor to fabricate.  I sent some money for expenses.  Subbu says, the design is ready and they will try tomorrow.

My guess is they must have designed as in Figure 2.  the deviation from verticle will be handled by a ball bearing that they say have been purchased.  Let me wait for results...

Cropping

Meanwhile I reminded Subbu that we must do farming !.   Well there is some slight drizzle in the farm which has made the climate cool. However it is not sufficient to plough the field. Neverthless we need to prepare ourselves for coming season.

a) I have asked him to prepare the land for Groundnut sowing
b) We need to purchase Jasmine Samplings from Rameshwaram as was discussed earlier.  Subbu will travel there in few days time to bring about 100 of them in the Bus.
c) I also wanted him to look for some grown up trees instead of small saplings to speed up the fence tree plantation
d) We also need some coconut trees and Subbu has already identified where it should go in the farm.

My guess is that if it starts raining, the water will be sufficient to go for next 3 to 4 months. meanwhile windmill should produce excess water that will be stored and sustained for another 6 months.  By which time I must come with some Solar Concentrator apparatus.

***



No comments:

Post a Comment