Tuesday 14 August 2018

Progress Report on Windmill mechanical power Amplifier

There is little progress in the fabrication of my mechanical amplifier for windmill.

I made several sorties to the workshop. Either it was lunch time or people had left for field work. Or they donot pickup phone.  Finally I managed to reach them today.
Santosh does the lathe works
Dilip does the welding works.

Today i resolved to spend 1 hour. Santosh was pleased at my perseverance. So he also decided to provide whatever I wanted. Earlier he was waiting for some consignment to come thinking he will give those rods. But I told whatever in the shop will do. So he re-bore the sliding pieces to suit the existing rods in lathe machine.

In the welding shop, they do spot welding (tagging) before finally welding. Today I was pleased to see the final shape emerging. Long way to go. But so far so good.

Today's work for productive. I will allow two days now for Dilip to create a frame between the sliders.

Rest in pictures.
The temperory welding is being removed. The bottom frame will be drilled
with holes.

This is how they mark the holes.  14" inches apart. This is to suit the base of
my wind mill bore well setup.

Drilling the hole on heavy metal.

Welding the bottom frame properly.  Since I finalised the design, they are welding every joint.

The weld looks kachcha.  Will be polished later.

Today's work. The parts getting machined and ready.

Lathe Machine

Back to welding shop. Note where the part goes.  Rod is for alingnment. Some more work is there.
Just adding this picture to show what is getting ready.

Was surprised to see they are using level indicator to align the rod vertically before
welding it to frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment