Friday 28 February 2014

Farm Update 28th february


1. Decision to be taken if ready made concrete to be purchased or concrete to be mixed on the spot by local mason. This is for tower foundation.  Subbu was supposed to visit a nearby ready concrete mixing factory. He was told to come again as concerned manager was not there. I wonder, just for 3 cubic meter of concrete, why people make so much fuss. But that is the way it is. Whereever labour work is involved, human touch is expected. City guys have no time for these. But we end up paying more than necessary on 'online' purchases and also donot develop any 'reusable learning experience'. Whereas people like Subbu gain so much knowledge in these moments of truth.

Kandan with is New Bicycle. Learning to walk it

2. Kandan has started walking straght with his new bicycle !. Earlier he was going in one direction and the cycle in another. I am told, now he has learned to 'tame' his cycle to walk with it steady. I am waiting the day when he will mount it and ride it. I was kidding him and he has promised he will fall down and learn it.

This beautiful tank spotted in nanguneri.
3. Assuming that wind water pump will be up by next month, I need to plan for water tank.  'Purchasing' plastic tank would cost Rs. 7/- per liter. assuming we need 10,000 liter tank, the cost would go upto Rs. 70,000/-.  That is too much. I need find an alternative. Perhaps a cement tank. I know many Govt projects construct cement tanks. Need to find who is the contractor and talk to him.

4. Preparation of Tower foundation for wind pump. The tower requires to be assembled  on ground and pulled up to stand straight.  I happened to see the installation photos of Iron Man wind Pump in an US Farm. They have used JCB, a crane, tractor, truck and a fork lift. That is too much of resources to use to just make a tower stand straight. I am sure we will be using none of these. Some labour, techniques and one JCB perhaps should do the job. Let me see. We can think about it only after fabrication which is underway in ABS factory.

5.  Team has gone through two CDs so far.  Kandan has watched the CDs that I gave at his home CD Player. Subbu had set it up for him. That is good. Now I can engage them with some more training CDs. They must have covered two topics so far.  a) Compost Preparation  b) Dry land Farming.
Back home I need to record my speech in camera and append it to the VCD. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment