Friday 21 February 2014

Dancing Wu-Li Masters - Wind Speed at Nachankulam - Update for 50 days

"The Wu Li Master dances with his student. The Wu Li Master does not teach, but the student learns. The Wu Li Master always begins at the center, the heart of the matter"

When I took the update on Animometer reading dictacted by Subb from 1500 Kms away and created a graph, I was wonder struck.  I was bit anxious as i was noting down. Because i had placed order for wind pump only based on 20 days of study. The meter has so far run 9485 Kilometers in 50 days.

Nature has displayed its own elegance and beauty.  The Wind Speed is observed high in the night and low in the day time. The contrast is striking. How is that the wind energy oscillating on surface of earth so perfectly to the rhythm of Day and Night ?!. I am wonder struck and happy to learn that I have adequate wind in the night to run the wind pump which is going to be installed in a month.  That is a privilage you cannot get in Solar.


50 Days of reading from 1st Jan to 18th Feb, 2014

Closer examination shows that wind speed is constant during the day time. It is during the night that it picks up. On the day I visited the farm (30.01.2014 at 12 noon), the meter was showing 5842. That entry is missing above because we did not record it as we were busy which explains the gap in between.

I took this photo when I visited

The wind speeds have easily exceeded 8 meters per second on few days, which was not the case in January. Anemometer moving parts were tight at that time ?. I cannot rule that out. But graph shows it otherwise. In fact anemometer should have rusted and dusty in 50 days and its performance should come down without lubrication.But what we see is otherwise.

Well I also had another mental correction to digest. On my visit I observed wind was coming from North to South. Contrary to my assumption that it should come from South West (Kerala). Or is it wind is changing direction during night and day. ? I donot have measurements for that as of now.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment