Monday 15 December 2014

Simple Sale of tapioca and farm Update

Illustrated Cassava
As a matter of routine, Subbu mentioned he had harvested 10 KG of Tapioca and sold at Rs. 20/-. A total of Rs. 200/- it fetched.  Some of the tapioca roots were replanted again.  Regeneration is the power of Natural farming.

Yesterday I had purchased an accounting ledger notebook to be sent to Subbu. Hereafter we will starting properly noting down the expenses and income, however small it may be. This will instill discipline.  So far Subbu had been keeping his own notes and I, my own in excel sheet. Seldom will we remember to note the breakup. Atleast for me I will only note the gross expenses as it used to happen in bulk.

Till now I was making capital expenditure for farm development.   Now with the wind pump in place and a small kerosene motor for backup, there is no issue for water.  We are secure with water now.

Not our farm: Illustrated Sugar Cane
I asked Subbu to assure the neighbouring small farmer for water too.   This year we will not let his crop go dry !.

2 KG of onion has been sowed by Subbu through his own planning. This is Onion season.

I asked him to purchase SugarCane (edible black) and sow that too. It should come after Pongal atleast.

There is nothing which stops us from experimenting on Mappillai Samba. We have the seed, the piece of land and the water security.  Subbu is planning to sow Mappillai Samba rice near the cement tank after the newly laid Bananas.  That is a good choice.  It will be done in small quantity to see how it grows.

I am missing the action.  This is the time to be and enjoy on the farm.


******


No comments:

Post a Comment