Tuesday 16 February 2016

Farm Update in Visuals - 16-Feb-2016

For the first time Subbu has taken clear pictures of the farm. I guess he has taken this through smart phone that I left with him.

Samandhi Flowers bed

Onion is growing on the mud bars

Paddy has come to flowering stage so fast. I hate this hybrid variety. As mentioned already
this is our first paddy attempt. Did not have native country seeds on hand. This
is Ambi-16 rice variety. Hmmm. eager to see the harvest and post harvest cycles.

Something amiss in this patch. I have to consult Subbu. I guess he has put assorted vegetables in this.
If not I want to spray millets here.  I guess he has covered the ground with straw (milching)

Well, the pond is now taking shape. With glittering silver ribbons to wade off the birds, this pond
is now having around 2000 fish. Each has grown to the size of three fingers in width. So told Subbu.
I asked him to eat them all. He said he wants to make some money for me. I donot want
money from animals. 

The sapota trees are growing well after the rains. Could see kandans hand work in cleaning the area and milching

Coconut trees are growing. Some bugs are present, Subbu told.  Want to apply organic pesticide. Neem ofcourse.
I need to follow
I asked him to send the photo of bug. He sent this. I could not see the bug. But there is damage to the coir.


Just adj to the wind tower. Looks different now.  Red banana trees that have escaped draught is seen. Papaya tree is new.
In the background is the vettiver.  Good growth. Need to be transplanted to near the pond.

A view near the fence.  Casurina has grown as adult trees.

So too boganvilla.  I wanted Subbu to try grafting from this. If time permits.

This Lemon tree is always having damaged leaves. But good fruits.  May be insects are fond
of citrus plants.

A rare view from front.  Subbu is artistic.  The approach road to farm from the main road. This road I laid
Far distance is visible Sastha Temple new roof.

Another view from outside the farm looking inside.  Density of vegetation is not there.

Road Side view of farm. The casurina has grown so nicely that it is forming a canopy hiding the farm. That is what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment