Wednesday 21 September 2016

Farm Update 21-Sep-2016

There is still scorching heat at the farm.  The last rain was many months before, probably in April or so.   We have been pulling all along with windpump and some stored water.

Subbu is busy now irrigating and sustaining the trees.  There is good amount of wind, but very hot wind.  As per subbu, they are getting two drums (2 x 1000 liters) of water before noon and 3 drums in the evening.  The wind pump works continuously and they are trying to make best use of the water.

He is visibly frustrated and wants to bring electricity asap.  He has kept aside my Verticle Windpump project aside for the time being.  I can understand.  One cannot stand in the farm for 5 minutes before grabbing water to drink.   It will be so hot and so windy.

Kandan is down with fever.  There is denge fever all over India this season. Chickenguniya and Denge are most common.  He cannot come for another week and Subbu has to manage all by himself.

He had met the electricity officials last week and given a push. They wanted my signature on a farm, which he has sent by courier. I am supposed to sign and send it back as soon as I get it. Waiting... Subbu hopes that is the last leg and we should get power in 2 weeks.

Meanwhile he is confident the windpump can also be fabricated if only he gets two full days of dedicated time along with Paramu, the carpenter / plumber and rural engineer.
A prototype of wing on one of the arms of the rotor is fixed temperorily.
The efforr that went into reaching upto this stage is tremendous.
I still have a long way to go.....

Back home at my place, I have made good progress in fabrication amidst odds.  My family has restricted my movements (Exams are going for children).  With hardly two hours to work I made lot of progress.  The good thing about this is that I have been able to use my angle grinder (Which I purchased newly 6 months back , but did not use it for fear) with ease and caution. It is wonderful power tool.  Only it makes such a horrible noise that I cannot use it in residential area (terrace) at any time.....

Full details are in the below posts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/519702174896073/

Complete photographs without comments here ;

https://goo.gl/photos/Rb7tyMSsWqLzeNJHA


No comments:

Post a Comment