Wednesday 7 September 2016

Happy Mood !

Happy because of few insignificant reasons;

a) Reached Subbu after 2 days. His phone was switched off continuously. His smartphone has weak battery. He said his Son is unwell and he was taking him to a hospital in Valliyoor.  Nothing to worry. This is a season of fever due to climate change.  I wonder, with so many herbs around why people in village should get sickness at all. It is due to their in-sufficient knowledge on how to use the resources around. Even in city my wife makes various potions (Kashayam) out of common herbs as preventive medicine from cold and fever. It always works.

b) He had seen my video and photos while at Valliyoor.  He feels happy. I had started an album in Google photos and shared it. The same is added as separate page in this blog.  Here !

c) I have finished my Astronomy session to children in my housing society.  The presentation was sincerely prepared for high school, college students with lots of animation in power point. But the audience was mostly small children. That's ok.  The fee towards that will be adjusted against the rent that I may have to pay for occupying the terrace for my workshop. I started the work on Sunday by painting the material that I had gathered so far.

d) There is adequate wind blowing in the farm. Subbu is happy. he said he has completed watering the entire farm with wind as well as electric motor. He has not returned the motor and has paid around 2500 for that which includes rental for pipe, motor and cable.  This watering should take me through another two weeks by which time I expect signs of rains to come by end of this month. we need to pull up.


The opening slide of my presentation. This was a teaser slide


Rubbing the pipe with salt paper to remove rust

Painting with primer for anti-rust coating

Painting yellow even before the primer become dry resulted in bad job

Painting the stand frame work with black

Just trying to assemble on floor to guage the materials required
to secure the ball bearing.

This A frame I made last year for my solar project. All these days it was in
my balcony with flower pots. Now this will be useful as stand for my windpump

Lucky I was able to divert one pot holder to myself as work bench.  I made
4 flower pot holders from the same welding shop. It cost Rs. 950 each of variable
height.  This is multi purpose bench.
I need to cover this with a wooden plank that is lying in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment